Natural Blood Pressure Support Remedies
According to the CDC, 1 in every 3 individuals in the US suffers from high blood pressure and 1 in 3 is pre-hypertensive, so natural blood pressure support remedies are critical. In those with active high blood pressure only 54% have their blood pressure under control! That’s a lot of people walking around with a life threatening but also very treatable health condition.
High blood pressure puts you at increased risk of stroke and heart disease which are the leading causes of death in the US.
The causes are vast from environmental toxins, systemic infections, smoking, poor diet, lack of physical activity, stress, kidney and heart disease, and alcohol use. All these insults lead to inflammation, oxidative damage and blood vessel dysfunction.
Luckily, in addition to pharmaceuticals, there are a lot of great, well studied natural interventions that can help lower blood pressure. Always consult your doctor before starting a new supplement regiment.
Natural Blood Pressure Support:
- Stress Reduction: Meditation, Tai Qi, Yoga, Qi Gong, Mindfulness
- Exercise: 30-60 Minutes Aerobic Sessions (2-5x Week)
- Dash Diet
- Decrease Sodium (Less than 1500mg/day)
- Increase Potassium (4.7 – 5.0 gram/day)
- Increase Magnesium (500-1000 mg/day)
- Supplement With:
- Omega-9 (Olea Eupopea Extract 400mg/day)
- Zinc (50mg/day)
- Omega-3 (DHA and EPA 3-5mg/day)
- Vitamin C (600 mg/day)
- Trans Resveratrol (250 mg/day)
- Induce Nitric Oxide
- L-Arginine – (4-24 g/day)
- Beetroot Juice (500mg/day)
- L-Carnitine (2-3g/2x daily)
- Taurine (2-6g/day)
Ref: The role of nutrition and nutraceutical supplements in the treatment of hypertension: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3935060/